Monday 6 June 2011

Art Nouveau

I love Art Nouveau. I love everything about it. The lines, the inspiration from the nature, the shapes, the feeling you get when you look at an object of art done in Art Nouveau style. It won't be the last post about this style, that I can promise. Here's a flat in Moscow done in Art Nouveau and a bathroom by Marsh and Clark Design.




Notice the attention to detail. All the fine craftsmanship. It is a little bit heavy, in my opinion, instead of that dining set I would choose something simpler, a different style, I would also choose lighter type of parquet and different sofas (although I do love them, just in a different interior).






And again attention to detail is superb. The way the tiles were laid is stunning and the venitian plaster instead of making this little room cold, makes it airy and light and a wonderful vitrage work adds a special touch. This is one of the rooms I look at and think I wish I'd done that.

Pictures from Dizain Mania.

Yours, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment