Saturday 9 April 2011

Day 5. Textures. Part 1

Another long day.. Made my first sale from the shop today! :) It was a sofa. It went into a beautiful house near Estoi, I will ask the owner to go and do a home tour when she will finish the house. She has designed it all on her own. She is also a designer. I have to admit I was very inspired by her work.

Lately, it has been all about texture for me.. Wallpapers, fabrics, all different types of finishes for living areas, kitchens, bathrooms or outdoor. I love having a lot of open space and I don't like cluttering furniture, so I find it works much better for me when you have a few really good pieces of furniture, whether you like modern, classic, antiques or even enjoy mixing it all up, and a really nice finish to your walls, floors and ceilings. And if you like artwork it will only bring more attention to it, with the right lights and colors. If you think about it when you create an interior you have to use all your senses: you see the room and you like it; you touch the materials and you can tell whether it is comfortable, practical or not, the size of the room and the furniture in it will create its own acoustics, the only sense you will not be using will be the taste.. unless you use very creamy and "tasty" colors ;)

antico ferro by OIKOS (available at Interiorissimo)

Laure Joliet Photography. I absolutely love the floors




Tom Dixon. Amazing product and interior designer. One of my favourites. He combines so many rich textures and difficult shapes, yet it always works. A true genius and a huge inspiration to me. I will soon do a post (or two..) just about him.


wallpaper by Versedeco

I can go on forever, but unfortunately a day has only 24 hours.. Never enough time!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Yours, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment