Tuesday 30 August 2011

Amazing. A dream home in Atlanta

It doesn't happen every day that I see a space and wish I was the person who designed it. When I saw this penthouse I just could not resist wishing I was present from the moment the creative  process started until the last decorative pillow was on the sofa.

This amazing place belongs to Matthew Quinn and Ric Parrish, owners of Design Galleria Kitchen & Bath Studio (I'd have to talk about their company some other time). These guys know what they're doing. “In seven days, we produced not only a completely new floor plan and every single elevation, but also specifications for every light fixture, every plumbing fixture, every appliance, the landscape plan—everything,” Quinn says. “We put it all together in a notebook, then said to the developer, ‘This is what we’re going to do to the space.’ ”
 
 
I love the floor to ceiling windows and the fact that from the living/dining you can see all the way through the bedroom and onto the terrace. Xoom chandeliers separate two spaces and add to geometry of the room. The material covering fireplace makes quite a statement; I know I keep on using the word "texture", but really, the combination of geometry, texture and color is what makes this space so amazing.
 
 
Sculptures are a must for a chic and sophisticated home.


Have you seen coutertops so stunning?! I'm in love with this marble.. deeply. It is Striata Mocha marble fabricated by Marmi Natural Stone.


"Fitted with a pedestal sink and faucet of his own design, the powder room is the epitome of Matthew Quinn style. Sink, Eryx by Matthew Quinn for MTI Whirlpools. Faucet, Matthew Quinn Collection for Rubinet Faucet Company. " ..not to mention the color scheme.


"Tub and sinks, Intarcia Collection by Matthew Quinn for MTI Whirlpools. Faucets and shower fixtures, Matthew Quinn Collection by Rubinet Faucet Company. Hardware, Matthew Quinn Collection. Countertops, Caesarstone. Tile is from Renaissance Tile & Bath."
I'd say that this tub is a piece of art on its own. I hope when I buy a penthouse like this one I can also fill it with pieces designed by me! How cool must that be? (One day...)
 

Floor to ceiling drapery covers the glass wall that leads to the master bedroom and creates a cozy atmosphere. Ligne Roset sofa fits perfectly in the space.


"Separating the master suite from the rest of the house, a glass wall and door allow views of the terrace from well beyond the bedroom. “I think it’s one of the best design features. It makes such a difference,” says Quinn. Custom bed by Craig Swenson. Artwork by Hal Shwarze."


Beautiful views


Even terrace was so well thought through. See the reflection? ;)


I'd just stay here.. watching sunsets.


via Atlanta Homes (you'll find a full article here)
Text: Heather J. Paper Stylist: Clinton Smith Photos: Mali Azima 
Produced by: Clinton Smith June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment